Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tips for your Tresses this summer!

Well we all know that summer is rapidly approaching and the temps are on the rise! Although we all enjoy our Summer lovin, it's not always easy on our lovely locks. The summer sun and hot temperatures may damage your hair's cuticle, resulting in dry, drab, brittle and even frizzy hair! Who wants that?? So I wanted to share a few of my favorite remedies to keep your hair looking fab all summer long!

First on the list, anyone who knows me knows I don't wash my hair every day. Gross you think? I think not! Even if it's just for the summer (but I recommend all year long :]) give your hair a shampoo break! Shampooing less often will allow your hair to absorb natural oils allowing your hair to moisturize all on its own!
Use protection! Leave-in protection that is :) It's a 10 plus Keratin is my ALL time favorite leave-in product and is awesome for all hair types! It does so many things for your hair is unbelievable! Spray it in your hair after it's been washed/conditioned and towel dried. Try it. You'll love it. I promise.

I am a lover of floppy hats, I think that are simply darling! And how cute is this one?! Well it's not only cute, but a great way to protect your hair against those raging summer sun rays! 

Schedule deep conditioning treatments. These do wonders and are such a treat for your hair! Hair that is regularly exposed to the sun can definitely benefit from deep conditioning treatments. You can do them at home, or have your hairstylist do it! Like yours truly :) e-mail me for an appointment! briannae.harman@gmail.com
And last but certainly not least keep hydrated! Let's amp up our H2O intake this summer and keep our hair hydrated from the inside out! Although other beverages may be more fun and tempting, water is always the best choice for your tresses!
Now bring on summer!!

1 comment: