Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Braid It Away

Its summer time and the beauty of summer time is the trend to spend less time on your hair. No one loves perfectly coiffed hair let it loose and try this tip for a new summer do!

I have naturally curly hair..great at times yes, but what people don't realize is that it is an everyday process to get my lushes locks to look curl ready. That is when the beach waves came into my life and became my saving grace. 
 
First off to my perfect beach wave hair is to follow Brianna's instructions from the previous post. Healthy hair is happy hair and trust me you will love your look more. My all time favorite is Its a Ten! Love Love Love! Especially for you blonds out there with dry ends. Put that baby on there and you wont have the dry ends.

 Secondly after blow drying your hair or letting it air dry whichever you prefer put your hair in a loose braid right away. I like doing my braid right before I go to bed that way the waves get set into your hair over night and my early mornings are less stressful cause my hair is a step away from being done!
 Thirdly when you wake up take out your braid. Yes you will have braid hair, but that is the beauty of the beach wave. My under laying hair has a tighter curl while my top layers are loose which is perfect! Take Super Skinny-a Paul Mitchell product just a dab bout a penny size and run it through but NEVER on the scalp unless you want greasy roots.After that I take a small curling iron and on the ends-just-the ends I put a slight curl in.

These 2 above pictures are my favorite beach wave. No beach wave should ever look the same and the curls should never be symmetrical. It's fun! It's messy! Work with what you got!

But above all remember a good trim and products make a world of a difference in a good hairstyle. You don't want to look like a Raggedy Ann :)
Have fun in the sun!
-Steph

1 comment: