Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dressing up the address

Well we have been lucky enough to give our front yard a much needed make over! It's been 3 years coming, so when I say much needed it's an understatement :) Everything was finally done, but one thing was missing... Our address needed some cuteness, the plain ol' numbers just weren't doing the trick. I looked around at address plaques and found some super cute ones but everything was in the $60-$100 range! For an address plaque?? Crazy I know... So I thought I'd give making one a shot! I went to my favorite place when I'm doing a crafty project, Hobby Lobby of course :) 

I searched and searched, found cute things but nothing I loved until I spotted this little iron number. It was perfect! I picked up some craft wood and was on my way to craftify my address :)
 The iron piece was brown, and I needed it black... So I sprayed it with black spray paint I already had at home : ) I painted the craft wood white... Glued it on to the iron piece with some awesome stuff called GOO, nailed the numbers that we had, and.... ta-da!
 I'm pretty darn happy with how it turned out! It sits so cutely up there for all to see! So proud of my cute address plaque! Wanna know the best part?? It only cost me $12 to make!!
I don't know about you, but crafting sure makes me happy :)
Lots of love,
Brianna

1 comment:

  1. Your so crafty!! I wish I was better at it! Love the plaque!!

    ReplyDelete